Friday, April 18, 2008

First Place

I started a Bible study at church almost three years ago called First Place. This bible study takes a holistic approach to weight lost, but it is so much more than that! We have nine commitments that we strive to keep everyday. Some of them are exercise, eating healthy, reading our bible and doing our bible study, encouragement, and spending time with God in prayer. When I joined the group three years ago, my main objective was to lose weight. I figured I would go to the meetings, and then pray to God for me to lose weight. Wrong! While I have lost weight, God showed me very quickly that he had different plans for me with this Bible study. I can honestly say that my relationship with the Lord is much stronger now than it has ever been. God has used the group to show me my weaknesses, and help me improve my strengths. It has brought me closer to the things that matter most to me. I have met a wonderful group of women who are very near and dear to my heart. First Place has given me a renewed hope and a renewed strength. To put it simply, it has changed my life! If you are interested, you can go to the First Place website at www.firstplace.org

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: